What Do I Do Now?
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20 NASB
We are disciples which means we are learners. We are to learn what God wants us to do and be and we are to go and make new disciples. We are to obey God and we are to teach others to obey God. We are to go out into the world and bring others to Christ and train them to do the same.
Jesus calls us to be fishers of men. (Matt 4:19)
We are called to lead others to Christ. If you are going to lead others you only need to be a step ahead of them. You are going to want to study and learn what God requires of you and then share what you learn with others. If people ask you a question you do not know, then you tell them I do not know but I will find out and let you know. Then you look up the answer and let them know next week. This is how you can grow. www.carm.org and www.gotquestions.org are great places to find answers.
Here are the steps and it might not be in this exact order. The basics are to pray, read the Bible, obey it, teach the Bible to others and share the gospel to unbelievers.
1. Find a Bible-believing church. This could be a difficult thing to do. You will want to talk to the pastor and ask them questions to see if they believe the entire Bible is true and without error and written by God. Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Catholics, Seven Day Adventist are not Christian because they have a different Jesus that is not God and/or a different gospel.
Questions might include:
- Do you believe that the world was created by God in 6 literal days? If they say no then the conversation is over.
- Do you think Jesus dying on the cross actually happened or just an example for us to live by? If it is just an example run away.
- Is the entire Bible God’s God’s perfect unchanged word? If they tell you that Paul could have had a bad day when he wrote this or that passage the get up and leave.
- Do people go to a real place called hell due to sin? If they say no then leave.
- What must a person do to get to heaven? They should tell you that you need to repent of sin and trust that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the grave…
2. Read your Bible. We are told that the word of God is our bread and that we are to read it daily. We need new bread daily. You will want to read your Bible and understand what you are reading by what is around it. You will want to get a good Study Bible. NASB or ESV are wonderful versions.
3.You will want to learn as much as you can about being a Christian. Go to our recommended resources page and read as many of these books as you can.
4. You need to have accountability. Find someone the same gender as you that is a Christian and is willing to meet with you each week on the phone or in person. This should be a person that has been a Christian for a long time and can help you in your Christian walk. Hopefully this is someone in your new Church. This needs to be someone you trust. Each week you will pick a few chapters to read several times that week and answer the questions that are on this page. When you have your meeting take turns reading the questions and answering them. Answer the questions honestly. Do not let this meeting be gossip. Only talk about your sins and not the sins of others. Promise to not tell anyone else what is talked about during this time. If you work together do not talk about other people at work. Do not talk about your spouse. You want this time to be about you and your sins and how you can live a more Godly life. You will both grow greatly. If one of the people does not do the reading that week then it will be the assignment for the next week. Hold each other accountable to make changes in your life. Write down goals and ask each other the next week if you kept those goals. Remember we go to God on his terms and not on ours.
5. Get into a Bible Study at your church. Have a weekly Bible Study with Christians and those that you have shared the gospel with. Train those that are in your Bible Study to have a Bible Study of their own with the people that they have shared the gospel with. Each week you will pick a section of the Bible to go through. You can use this document as a guide to having your Bible Study. You are training others to be trainers of others in all matters of the Bible. I know you do not know much but as you learn to teach others you will learn quickly.
6. Pray, Pray, Pray. Once you have repented and trusted in Jesus you have a direct line to God. It is a great privilege to be able to pray to God. If you have never spent time praying you can use this document to help you pray.
7. Learn to share your faith. You can do that here.
8. Write a list of 100 people that you know. Next to their name write down if they are a believer, unbeliever or unknown. Pick 5 people that need to hear the gospel. The message that we are not good people and God is going to punish us but Jesus lived a perfect life and died on the cross and 3 days later he rose from the grave and people must repent and trust in Jesus. Make sure to remember to tell them that they are to read their Bible and radically and immediately obey what God’s word says. Tell them they they need to promise to share the gospel with 5 other people each week and have them make the same list of 100 people. Ask them to meet you in a week to see if they have shared the gospel with others and so you can spend time in Bible Study with them. At the meeting help them with any issues that they have and tell them to meet with the 5 people that they shared with. You will go to that meeting and help them with their meeting. (Remember if you do not know the answer to a question you just say”I do not know by I will find the answer. Then you look at the answer and share it with them the next week you meet.) Plan to have a weekly Bible Study with this person. Invite everyone you witness to this Bible Study.) Listen to Hell’s Best Kept Secret and True and False Conversions. Then you can learn to share your faith at www.livingwaters.com
If you got a bracelet and want to know the meanings of each color you can see that here:
- GOLD represents God and Heaven which are pure and perfect. In Heaven there will not be any tears, pain or sadness. God is perfect and holy. “…and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass.” Rev 21:18 God cannot have any sin in His presence because He is Holy.
- DARK represents sin and its penalty. “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” Rom 3:23. Have you ever told a lie? Have you ever stolen anything? Have you ever disobeyed your parents? If you have done any of those then you have broken God’s law, The Ten Commandments. When you die you will stand before God, the Perfect Judge. “And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,” Heb 9:27 When you die as a lawbreaker, God will judge you according to his law, and you will have to pay the penalty of the law in Hell for eternity. However, God provided a means for us to get to heaven.
- PURPLE represents Jesus. God took on the form of man for the forgiveness of sin and to establish His Kingdom. Jesus is the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings. He was born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life, never broke God’s Law. Jesus healed the sick and raised the dead to life. Jesus is “the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.” John 1:29. Jesus is the Messiah and the answer to the curse of sin.
- RED represents the Blood of Christ. Jesus allowed himself to die on the cross in your place. Jesus took the almighty wrath of God and bore our burden. Jesus was buried and on the 3rd day after his burial he rose from the grave, proving His power over sin and death. He appeared to over 500 witnesses over 40 days and then he ascended into heaven.(1Cor 15:3-4)
- WHITE represents our response. You must repent of your sin and trust Jesus paid the penalty on the cross. You must confess and forsake your sin. Ask yourself if you believe in the power of God’s message to save you from your sin through the blood of Jesus Christ. Ask God to forgive you of your sin. Jesus said you must be born again. God must make you a new creation by filling you with the Holy Spirit. After you have repented and trusted in Jesus, then your soul will be counted as white as snow. God will not see the stains of your sin, but rather the perfect life of Jesus on the day of judgment.
- GREEN represents growth. You need to pray, read, and obey the Bible radically. God calls us to be fishers of men. Go and share this message with everyone you know. Teach others to obey God’s word, the Bible. God calls us to be disciples, which translates to learners. We are to learn from the Bible, read it, obey it, and teach others to obey it.
- You can have these bracelets made at https://www.wrist-band.com/custom-wristband-color-filled
9. Read and Learn Confessions and Catechisms. You need to know what you are supposed to believe and why you believe it. If you want to share what you believe with others you need to know what you are supposed to believe. Here are two examples of a good Confession of faith.
We use Biblical Evangelism which you can learn at www.livingwaters.co