The Unchanging Word of God
“the word of the Lord remains forever. And this word is the good news that was preached to you.”
1 Peter 1:25 ESV
We just began a new year and a new semester. Times seems to be changing faster than we can keep up with. However, during these times of change, one thing remains the same; the word of God. 1 Peter 1:25 states “the word of the Lord remains forever.” No matter what is happening around us and what changes are occurring, we continue to proclaim the same truth. The message of the gospel;
THE GOOD NEWS THAT THE JUST AND GRACIOUS CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE HAS LOOKED UPON HOPELESSLY SINFUL MEN AND WOMEN AND HAS SENT HIS SON, JESUS CHRIST, GOD IN THE FLESH, TO BEAR HIS WRATH AGAINST SIN ON THE CROSS AND TO SHOW HIS POWER OVER SIN IN THE RESURRECTION, SO THAT EVERYONE WHO TURNS FROM THEIR SIN AND THEMSELVES AND TRUST IN JESUS AS SAVIOR AND LORD WILL BE RECONCILED TO GOD FOREVER. *
This is the message that we continue to proclaim boldly. This is the timeless message that never changes. We pray that God will continue to embolden us as we continue to proclaim His unchanging word!
*from David Platt, Counter-Culture: Following Christ in an Anti-Christian Age (Carol stream, IL: Tyndale Momentum, 2017).
- We’re back on campus this month. Praise God! We were joined throughout the month by many faithful street preachers. What an encouragement!
- In our Thursday night systematic theology study, we studied the following topics: the nature of sin, original sin, the transmission of sin, and finally we looked at the Biblical covenants. We also had our first international participant; our friend Gerardo from Mexico joined our study this month!
- We attended and witnessed to individuals at two different protest at the state capital this month. The first protest was about the result of the election where we shared the gospel with many individuals and the second protest was a pro-life protest that we took part in as part of endabortionnow ministry.
- We are still setting up on a weekly basis near the farmer’s market at Republic Square and engaging with whoever we can. We also have been doing a whole lot more open-air preaching at this location.
ABORTION CLINIC MINISTRY:
- While we did not visit the abortion clinic this month, we did participate at the Pro-life march in downtown Austin.
- Praise God that we are back on campus sharing the gospel with students. That winter break seemed longer than usual.
- Praise God for the rest and time that we got to spend with our family last month and for allowing us to be refreshed before our evangelistic outreaches this month.
- Praise God for gospel partners who are faithfully proclaiming the word of God, on and off campus.
- Continue to pray for every Christian who is on the streets sharing the gospel with strangers. Times are changing fast and this soon can be a dangerous activity.
- Pray that God would use our faithfulness to bring about fruit. We want to see many souls saved to Christ.
- Pray that God would continue to raise bolder Christian that are not afraid to proclaim His word.