Reaching the Nations
15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Mark 16:15 ESV
Christian Collegian Network’s ministry verse is Mark 16:15 where Jesus commands His disciples to “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.” As Christians we have a responsibility to reach the nations with the gospel. One of the many wonderful aspects of being involved in college ministry is that the nations come to us. In other words, we can reach the nations from our campus.
This month we had the privilege of witnessing to students form all around the world. We talked to students from Sri Lanka, Laos, India, Pakistan, Mexico, and many other countries. We also witnessed to students from different religious backgrounds such as Roman Catholicism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, and even the occasional Satanist. Of course, at any major universities you will interact with many self-professed atheist and agnostics. The point is this; we are fulfilling the great commission without ever having to leave our campus!
We thank God for the wonderful opportunities we had to share the gospel with these students. Our hope is that through these interactions many will come to a saving knowledge of the One True God, and that they will repent of their sin and trust in Christ alone for their salvation, to the praise of His glory! We ask that you continue to pray for us as we continue to engage the nations on our campus!
- We have had many fruitful interactions with students throughout the month. Our schedule shifted around a bit at the beginning of the month, but we have finally settled into a routine. We are on campus witnessing three times a week.
- We have been faithfully going to Republic Square for several months now. We are there every Saturday morning preaching the gospel, doing the good person test, and handing out tracts. However, this month we have seen an increase in opposition for us being there. We have had the police called on us the last few times we have been down there.
- We continue to partner with other ministries to preach the gospel once a month at the local abortion clinic. The opposition is fierce with this aspect of the ministry.
- Our Thursday night Systematic Theology Study is going great. We had several students join us recently. We are still going through R.C. Sproul’s “Foundations: An Overview of Systematic Theology.”
- We praise God for the wonderful opportunities to witness to students from all around the world.
- We praise God for the wonderful opportunities to witness to students from all different religious backgrounds.
- We praise God for everyone who join us in sharing the gospel.
- We praise God for the wonderful police officers who uphold the law and allow us to preach when others want us gone form the public square.
- Pray for the students who hear the gospel through our ministry.
- Pray that God would bring students to join our ministry.
- Pray for all those who joined us this month to preach the gospel.
- Pray for our families who sacrifice so much for this ministry.