Faithfulness in Ministry
“And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
Campus ministry can be challenging and seemingly unfruitful. For this reason, campus ministers must have a strong theological foundation for their ministry. What would motivate someone to continue evangelizing on campus even if they saw little to no success? This is an important question to consider as we celebrate our first year of ministry at the University of Texas.
At the beginning of the month, our brother Ryan Denton from Christ in the Wild Ministries helped us to think through some of these things. In his lecture entitled “Even if None,” Ryan helped us to understand what successful evangelism looks like. The goal of evangelism is not conversions, but faithfulness and obedience.
As Christians, our task is simply to proclaim the gospel as clearly and as articulate as possible and to call people (in our case students) to repentance and faith. The Holy Spirit alone is responsible for bringing about conversions, not us. So, whether God decides to save a multitude of students through our ministry or whether He decides to save none, we are still called upon to be faithful and obedient.
This is what motivates us to go on campus week after week. We want to be found faithful and obedient in our proclamation of the greatest news that human ears have ever heard. And we pray to God that “we do not grow weary of doing good.” (Galatians 6:9) Please continue to pray for us as we continue to minister to the students at the University of Texas Campus.
- We continue to minister on Campus three times a week. We have been joined by other ministries on several occasions. It has been a true blessing.
- We also continue to minister at Republic Square in Downtown Austin.
- We faithfully continue our Thursday night Systematic Theology Study by R.C. Sproul entitled “Foundations.” We have discussed topics such as the knowledge of God, God being One in essence, and three in Person, and the incommunicable attributes of God.
- We had Ryan Denton on our Thursday night study to give a lecture on the goal and purpose of evangelism.
- We witness to some protestors at the State Capital in downtown Austin mid-month.
- We shared the gospel at the local abortion clinic along with some brothers from Killeen Bible Church.
- Those same brothers from Killen invited us to witness and share tracts at their Halloween event in front of their church.
- We gathered to watch another living waters conference entitled “Salt and Light.”
- We praise God that one student came to church service with us after witnessing to him on campus. This was the first time he had ever been to a Christian church service.
- We praise God for a faithful student who joins us every week for our Thursday night study.
- We praise God for other faithful and like-minded ministries that have partnered with us during this month to share the gospel.
- We praise God for all the opportunities he continues to provide for us to share the gospel.
- Please pray that more students would get involved with our ministry.
- Please pray for the student who came with us to church.
- Please pray for the student who joins us every Thursday night.
- Please pray for all the ministries that have partner with us during these last few months.
- Please pray for our family and friends who constantly come out with us to witness.
- Please pray that the campus leader would be able to encourage one another.
- Please pray that God would raise more people to come out with us.